Carpe Diem. In high school, this was our motto. Seize the day. Live each moment. I'll admit...it more accurately portrays my college experience. Good times, lots of moments, very little class time. I don't regret a single moment of of those four years. I don't even regret most of the bad choices I made. So, for 2010, I really want to try and embrace the world my son lives in...choosing the present.
He has no choice but to be impulsive and do what he wants to do NOW! His brain works that way. My brain is filled with didn't dos, need to dos, and rules to follow. Boring. Painful. I will need to rethink how important is it to flush? Put your dish away? Do your homework? Not very in his eyes. NOW is the time to build a duct tape snow blower. Eat cheese sticks and throw your wrapper on the floor. Empty a tissue box just because you can use it to make a rat condo. NOW is the time! I am going to start with not harping about the wrapper, tissue box or duct tape remnants. What will you do? Carpe diem!
No comments:
Post a Comment