Mom of Asperger's, ADHD child tells how life is like this. It is different than raising a typical child. It requires more support, understanding, and sharing.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Apparently my husband and child have watched a video of "Best Practices"http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/458/play-the-part?act=2, in it the husband records best practices in order to get along with his wife. My DH has decided a notebook of Best Practices would greatly benefit our son. Apparently, the first lesson learned by said son is "Don't Mess With Mom." Duh! Seriously? At what age do most kids and husbands get this message? I am pretty sure it is at 2 not 12! I also must admit, I am a mean mom. Get your ass in gear and we go. I don't even ever swear, ask anyone, it is just implied in my tone. I will fully admit I swear often under my breath and just to me. Often. OK so back to my post: Best Practices. It is really easy. All you kids that want a fight, stop it! We, the people that love you, want to love you in the easy way it was designed. Stop being disagreeable, stop being defiant, stop being in the way of yourself. Let some adults help you. Especially the ones offering you advice. Listen. You need their help. And they need your unique perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment